Monday, October 19, 2015

Jams of the Weekend - 10/18/2015

Hope you guys had a baller weekend, and P.S, GO PACK GO,  6-0! =)

First jam is Roll Away Your Stone, which is one of my favorite songs.  When it starts you think you're about to do an old timey dance and then all of a sudden you're shouting and stomping. Whenever I'm feeling a bit melancholy, Mumford helps, and this week I had a nice bout of insomnia so there was a lot of Mumford listening going on.

"'Cause you told me that I would find a hole/
Within the fragile substance of my soul/
And I have filled this void with things unreal/
And all the while my character it steals"


Roll Away Your Stone - Mumford & Sons



Next is "I'm Ready" - by AJR, It's pretty pop-catchy, but the real reason I keep listening is I'm a sucker for clapping and Sponge Bob. 


I'm Ready - AJR


On that same pop note, one of my favorite overplayed radio artists is OneRepublic. I can relate to a lot of their songs, especially off their last album Native. The music video is kind of a tear jerker, because it starts off with Bryan who has cystic fibrosis, and the video shows his struggles but his hope for his life. 




 I Lived - OneRepublic





Enjoy and adios!
Maggie







No comments:

Post a Comment