Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Cookie Season! No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies




Cookie season is here! Cookies are one of my favorite things about the holidays; I normally spend a week mixing, baking, packing and of course eating, cookies. I like to make huge trays for my family as Christmas gifts. Once my dad's old secretary gave him this epic, epic tray of Mexican cookies for Christmas and I thought it was the most awesome-tasty-beautiful thing ever, so I always strive to make something like that. Honestly, Christmas baking is probably one of the main reasons I became a baker.

Here's last years trays:





Most cookies I make have memories that make me love the cookies even more. These peanut butter cookies bring me back to the sixth grade. That year a new girl moved to town and sat next to me in class. Her name was Jessica and we became friends. Her Mom is one of the best cooks I know, and she made these cookies for us and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Basically every sleepover after that we had to make these cookies. The crazy part is I really don't like peanut butter, but I would kill for these cookies! So good.



These cookies take less than ten minutes to mix and make, so when you need a fix these are perfect. I almost always already have everything I need in the house so I can whip them up in a flash.


No Bake Peanut Butter Drop Cookies

2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine


Combine oats, peanut butter, coconut, cocoa, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; set aside.

Combine sugar, milk, and butter in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over reserved oat mixture; quickly stir to mix well.

Immediately drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let cool. Carefully remove from waxed paper to serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment