Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Time Lords Ball!

Hello Whovians!


So the 42 Lounge is a great nerdy bar in Milwaukee that has board games, video games, and geeky drinks. It's a great place to go to hang, and every year they host their annual Time Lords Ball. This is the first year I've gotten to go and it was really fun!

I went with my friend Rachel, and we both went in costume. The event is listed as fancy dress (like a ball) or costume. Rachel went as Amy after seeing a few of the Silence, and I went as Eleven in my new cosplay. I look like a goober in all the pics but here's one from the photo booth they had setup. Rachel and I had a hard time putting down the yummy Doctor Who drinks, as you can see ;)



The party was hosted at Turner Hall, a really great old venue in Milwaukee. They had two ticket options you could choose. We both chose the base ticket for $20, but you could also do a $50 bar option that included unlimited featured cocktails, tap beer, rail cocktails, and PBR from 8PM to Midnight. Parking was super easy ($11) at the lot next door. The venue was decorated really well, with different Who-verse character silhouettes covering the windows, a homemade TARDIS you could go in, and an awesome stage. The stage had it's own TARDIS, a screen showing the flying TARDIS DW intro and different screen grabs from DW shows, plus a DJ booth that looked like the classic TARDIS console.


The stage had two rotating DJ's. One played upbeat pop songs and the second played more techno beats. The DJs kept switching so it was never dull, and if you didn't like one you could grab a drink or use the photo opportunities. They had two specialty drinks that Rachel and I tried that were both yummy.  I tried the Sonic Screwdriver and Rach had the Impossible Girl ($7 ea). Sadly no food, but Rachel and I fixed that by sneaking behind Turner Hall to Maders to get yummy ruben rolls =)




 Now for some awesome cosplay! These photos are from the professional photographers that were running around and the photo booths, since my phone took the worst photos ever in the dark lighting.

 Nine and Four offering up some Jelly Babies


 This weeping angel was actually kind of scary when you caught them behind you


 This girl looks sooooo much like Rose from the 50th anniversary special!!!



 Mad props to Donna for wearing that dress all night.
 SUCH a pretty Weeping Angel dress, Even cooler in person.

So many villains in one photo.


Last one, me with 12! I loved his coat so much. I think my next DW cosplay will be 12.



I can't wait for next year! Till then, here's Matt Smith with Orbital, remixing the DW Theme Song =)




No comments:

Post a Comment