Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Harry Potter Awesome Art Roundup Vol. 7

Happy Harry Potter week muggles!!! Day two includes the ever epic Harry Potter Awesome Art Roundup, volume 7! It's extra jam packed because it's an awesome week (and can I just say how coincidental it is that it's number 7, the ultimate Potter number???)




First up, this awesome bunch "Witch Gang" via dasstark.
Dasstark has an awesome tumblr, and if you're also a fan of the Raven Cycle, she draws an awesome Ronan =)









****

I am loving all these characters by Brittany Myers, particularly her Draco seems so spot on.








****





How sweet is this Philosopher’s Stone set by Bear + Crocodile??





****




I want the burrow to be a real place I can go to ASAP. Maybe that should be my new life goal? It looks so awesome in this print by twiggymcbones






****



while we're on the topic of weasleys, here's the whole famdamily by xxKaseixx. the width makes it hard to look great on the blog so click the link.








****


Check out this lil badass Trio on their way to kick some butt by theGorgonist




****




Top 3 favorite Harry Potter fanart projects has to be  audreylynnillustrationhp who I've put on a different volume before. She's working on the whole Harry Potter book (books?) and each image is so wonderful and sometimes they're in GIF form and even more wonderful! 




Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Chapter 9 The Midnight Duel 

“They weren’t in a room, as he had supposed. They were in a corridor. The forbidden corridor on the third floor. And now they knew why it was forbidden. They were looking straight into the eyes of a monstrous dog, a dog that filled the whole space between ceiling and floor. It had three heads. Three pairs of rolling, mad eyes; three noses, twitching and quivering in their direction; three drooling mouths, saliva hanging in slippery ropes from yellowish fangs.”












Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Chapter 7 The Sorting Hat 

“Oh, you may not think I’m pretty, But don’t judge on what you see, I’ll eat myself if you can find A smarter hat than me. You can keep your bowlers black, Your top hats sleek and tall, For I’m the Hogwarts Sorting Hat And I can cap them all. There’s nothing hidden in your head The Sorting Hat can’t see, So try me on and I will tell you Where you ought to be. You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart; You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffis are true And unafraid of toil; Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you’ve a ready mind, Where those of wit and learning, Will always find their kind; Or perhaps in Slytherin You’ll make your real friends, Those cunning folk use any means To achieve their ends. So put me on! Don’t be afraid! And don’t get in a flap! You’re in safe hands (though I have none) For I’m a Thinking Cap!”




I could honestly post them all! Please check her out when you get a chance =)






****


Because it's volume 7, let's go with another top 3 fanartist, Rosalia Radosti. Her character portraits are amazing, but I've put those on here before so here are some of her other adorable Harry Potter prints. 













****




I find wizard families really interesting (obviously) but one small detail that I've always appreciated was the Black family's astrological names. This print by Dromedas does a wonderful job compiling them and showing their actual locations. 



 If you check out the link, there are individual prints for each constellation. 



****




taryndraws is doing a wonderful 8 days of Potter art leading up to the new book, and so far everything she's posted has been wonderful

Day one - "no post on sundays" prompt 


Day two- "expecto patronum" prompt




Day three - "Ickle firsties" prompt







the best part of this whole thing? I get to find so many more amazing Harry Potter artists!!


First off, this AMAZING gif by Zannarl






and then Luna with her patronus by sonyacreates





****



Again with the Burrow and the Weasleys, I know, but this one by smelslikeart is too adorable.


“Harry stepped in, his head almost touching the sloping ceiling, and blinked. It was like walking into a furnace: Nearly every thing in Ron’s room seemed to be a violent shade of orange: the bedspread, the walls, even the ceiling.” 




AND YOU KNOW WHAT, 
I'M JUST GOING TO END WITH MORE
WEASLEY
BECAUSE IT'S MY BLOG AND I'LL WEASLEY IF I WANNAAAA


and because this wonderful art from Pottermore seems like a great way to end this volume. 





Till next time!
-Maggie

P.S t-minus 70 Hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment