Saturday, May 27, 2017

Jams of the Week 5/27/17


Howdy and welcome to the jams of the week!


Timberland helped produce this song and makes a cameo in the background. The song is super catchy and fun, and I love how the music video is famous art come to life.  I feel like it's a small tribute to "Dirt Off Your Shoulders" which makes me like it more.


Jane Zhang - Dust My Shoulders Off




****



I guess NEEDTOBREATHE (all caps annoyingly) is a Christian rock band but I couldn't tell when I heard this song? After re-listening I got it but that's kind of nice you can ignore or not ignore it if you want. You might have heard of them from their song BROTHER which featured Gavin DeGraw.

NEEDTOBREATHE - HAPPINESS

"I got dreams that keep me up in the dead of night / Telling me I wasn't made for the simple life"




****




I'm obsessed with the beat of this song. I would take it without the words honestly and just play it on repeat (but ok the words are good too...)

Opia - Falling (Whethan Redo)




****



I clicked this song and thought it was a cover of Heaven by DJ Sammy. Twas not, but I was happily surprised.

The Band CAMINO - Heaven - Audiotree Live

"This music's finally loud enough to drown you out"







ANDDD ok, shameless promotion, you should all go see the new King Arthur. Obviously for Charlie Hunnam, but also because it's awesome. I went with friends from work and I've jokingly been doing the "breathing song" randomly since then but the soundtrack is awesome. Check it, and the movie out! I like "The Devil & The Huntsman" and "Run Londinium" best. The vid below is a full soundtrack compilation. 


Daniel Pemberton - King Arthur Legend of the Sword






Til next time,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment