Monday, May 8, 2017

March Uppercase: Hunted by Megan Spooner



Hiya! So I was about to write my review of April's Uppercase when I realized I was so busy with London stuff I never did March! So better late than never here's the awesome swag that was in the March bag.

The book for March was "Hunted" by Meagan Spooner. Meagan is one half of the team that brought us the Starbound trilogy which I devoured last year. If you haven't read those, check um out.


So here is the Goodreads synopsis:

"Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them.

So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.

Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?"






Here's what was in the bag!



first off, the book, signed by Meagan. I like the cover, in particular the colors and the little bit of shininess.



A hello from Lisa and a description of what's all inside. 
Then the codes to read along with others! Always fun.


a "Hunted" bookmark





a beautiful gold print of some classic books


a book hoarder sticker, totally me


and some awesome Jane Austen socks.







I loved all the goodies in this month's bag. I read the book and still feel conflicted on whether or not I like it; I'm not a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast (sorry) and I didn't think the story was different enough to want to read? I thought it was well written and once I started reading it and I flew through it but...something about it didn't stick with me. 



Have you guys read Hunted? What did you think?


Stay tuned for April's Uppercase review coming soon!



till next time,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment