Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Bookish Box Review



I've never received any kind of subscription box before, but let me tell you, having this look out of the mailbox at me, might make a girl change her mind.



I found the Book(ish) Box on Instagram and saw that they had a special Harry Potter box coming up so I decided to go for it. Subscription boxes make me nervous for a lot of reasons. 1.) I'm poor, 2.) I always feel like they put cheap items in the boxes to make money for themselves, 3.) I am a planner and I need to know everything, so not knowing what I'm spending money on drives me crazy.
BUT having said that, knowing the box was going to be full of Harry Potter loveliness made me feel confident in buying this box, and I'm glad I did. First off, the Hallows on the side of the box are lovely, and when you open the box the first thing you see is this:






GETTING EXCITED!



First was this shirt with a great Dumbledore quote on it. I ordered a unisex XL, and it fits OK. I'm debating changing it to ladies sizes, because the site states that they really looked for true fit womens shirts when buying. You can also pick a tank top or long sleeve. 



Next was a realllly good smelling bag of Butterbeer bath salts. The whole box smelled like it and it made my room smell soo good too. 



One of my favorite non-book quotes of all time is JK's 
"No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."

So you can guess how much I loved this necklace.



Next was this awesome tumbler! Probably my favorite thing in the box.


and lastly a wonderful watercolor art. It's the perfect size to be easily framed and put anywhere. Love it.



My favorite thing about this box is I feel like the Book(ish) Box gives back to Etsy shops, which makes me feel good about where the money is actually going. These are business' you can continue to support if you want. and they tell you exactly where everything came from. I'm glad I bought this box, and I'm excited to see what next months box contains!!






Anyone else have boxes they love? Hit me up in the comments!


til next time,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment